Spoken English is now recognized as having its own “grammar” which is not covered in traditional language practice material. Using recent corpus research into spoken English the Handbook of Spoken Grammar teaches learners to speak more naturally, using the patterns that native speakers use when speaking English.
The Handbook of Spoken Grammar is written for students from intermediate level and above looking to develop natural fluency in their speaking skills. The Handbook of Spoken Grammar is divided into 20 units, each dealing with a spoken grammar strategy to equip students with greater native-like linguistic techniques.
Written for class or self-study use, each spoken grammar strategy is identified in context using conversational examples on the audio CD and short written transcripts. Each strategy is then explained in full before students go on to complete a range of thorough practice activities.
- Helps students of intermediate level and above speak more naturally
- Based on recent corpus research
- Designed for class or self-study
- Perfect as a supplementary resource for spoken English exams
- Includes free audio CD
A Handbook of Spoken Grammar
Collocations are the key to fluent English. Learning words on their own may enable students to communicate, but to sound natural, students must learn what words typically go together.
Using Collocations helps students improve the way they use the words they already know. Comprising twenty-four units and six review sections, collocations are first presented in simple exercises. Students go on to understand and use the collocations with confidence in a variety of contexts.
Using Collocations puts an emphasis on learning to use collocations appropriately. Collocations are always presented in typical contexts, and information on formality or informality is included. Exercises include working on a range of text types from tweets to emails, postcards to letters and adverts to newspaper articles. Examples of conversational English are also included with texts recorded on Audio CD, which allow students to notice features of stress and intonation.
- Intermediate (B1) to Upper-Intermediate level (B2) level
- Suitable for classroom or self-study use
- Includes answer key
- Includes free audio CD.
Using Collocations for Natural English
Cena katalogowa121.00 zł
Towar na wyczerpaniu zapasów
Every learner of English wants to develop fluent, natural English – understanding and using phrasal verbs is an essential part of this development. Using Phrasal Verbs for Natural English not only helps learners to understand phrasal verbs, but also helps them learn when and how to use phrasal verbs successfully, to produce more natural-sounding English.
Using Phrasal Verbs for Natural English:
- teaches students over 400 commonly used phrasal verbs
- builds students’ confidence in using phrasal verbs appropriately through thorough and varied practice
- presents phrasal verbs in context and in a wide range of text types, including tweets, texts, web posts, e-mails, notes and newspaper articles
- offers six review sections, each comprising sixty questions for students to test themselves on phrasal verbs learnt in the previous units
- allows students to notice and practise aspects of stress and intonation through the conversational English examples on audio CD
- Intermediate (B1) to Upper intermediate (B2) level
- Suitable for self-study or classroom use
- Includes answer key
- Contains free audio CD
- Index for easy reference
Using Phrasal Verbs for Natural English